They failed. Try as I may, try as I might, I was unable to make it to my first day at Steiner Studios on time. Luckily, the studio was late.
I'll explain.
First I woke up in PHilly at 5:30AM to make the 6:30 AM bus to NY. That bus was a half hour late. I still could have made it, though. So when I got to NY I hustled and bustled my way to the subway and caught the train and anxiously waited for my stop. When I made it there I had two option: 1--Run. 2--Catch the local bus. I, actually having faith in public tranbsport, decided twould be faster to take the bus. And then the bus broke. It just stopped in the street, surrounded by cars on all sides, and the damn driver wouldn't open the doors. Ten minutes ticked by, each minute one that I could have been running, and finally he opened the doors and I ran like Martin Lawrence from the police. Needless to say, I did not make it on time and arrived at the gates to a major movie studio sweaty and out of breath. I should be glad they didn't detain me and still allowed me entrance.
As late as I was, though, I was lucky because the studio was later. See, we all had to arrive early to get out ID badges for the studio. Frankly, I said, "Badges. We don't need no stinking badges." but nobody listens to me. The point is this process took forever and actually cut into almost two hours of our time. It didn't help that the damn badge machine broke before I could even get my picture. It was a mess but I guess I'm lucky I technically wasn't late.
Then life began in the studio. We chatted with Norman and met one man we'll be learning a lot from, Bernie Orenstien, who actually played Clarabell on Howdy Doody a couple times. Fucking A!
And being at the studio is so cool. The stages are filled with whole worlds. Houses and cities being built for production. One humongous set looks like it might be for Men In Black III. Yes, it's sad, another sequel to an even worse sequel, but it's really exciting to see them work. There is also one whole stage that is specially cooled and full of penguins for the new Jim Carrey movie Mr. Popper's Penguins. It would be cool to see Jim Carrey but it might make me happier to see some penguins. Unless they're hoighty toighty drama queen penguins. Those are the worst.
The other cool thing that's been around is I believe they're finishing filming on Scorsese's Boardwalk Empire show. Haven't seen any stars but just seeing the stuff they use is amazing. There is this beautiful black era car with whitewall tires and, oh,... It's indescribable. Life in the studio is just so... everything I ever wanted. And now I have my own badge.
(---Indescribable yell of joy.---)
That kinda takes care of it all. I got home okay and go again Wednesday. Wish me luck on a speedy arrival.
No comments:
Post a Comment