I don't want to hash out any more details about the characters, especially Joe or Eric. We are spending every single moment in class throwing out ideas and I feel we're not actually getting anywhere. More and more ideas keep piling up but we aren't climbing the ideas to anywhere new. We just keep sitting there, letting the ideas bury us alive. There are so many things I'd like to do. I'd like to find some sort of direction as to where this plot is going, where is our main character, fuck, I don't even feel like I really know who the character is. And no one can decide on anything. People either want to make him too boring or so damn drug ridden he can't move. Or they want to make him Gregory House. I just want something. Are we focusing on Joe or the community? What event propels our plot? What the fuck is our plot? In the end, it's just so... Yeah, there's a reason I go...
On another note, I am now officially nervous about the groups we will split into. Norm has said they're gona be random picks but I feel, and I know others have as well, that we have already begun to form groups and "alliances" in this cohort. Not that we're competing, but we know some better than others and I've always felt it's best to get along with the people you write with. Sure, every now and then we all have to deal with someone we don't want to, but I don't think real head writers choose people they can't get along with. I know that Russel T. Davies and Joss Whedon both had assistant head writers that they were, and still are, great friends with. I want to be comfortable with who I write with and not spend the entire fucking time arguing. If I could choose... I would list my top picks but that could possibly be mean. Frankly, you probably know who you are.
I considered sending out another group email (cause it went so well last time) and asking people if they would rather go with the luck of the draw or if they'd rather choose who they work with. Maybe I'll put it to a vote. It might come off better that way. I just want to take some initiative. It's who I am.
On a lighter note, I got free food. They had catering for Mr. Popper's Penguins, which I am clearly not working on, and they just had this gran buffet of fruits, salads, meats, and delicious entrees. Being me, I hoisted up my cahones and acted like I belonged and I cam away with some damn fine food. I was even commended on being a "gangsta", or possibly gangster, by Addie. Tru dat!
No comments:
Post a Comment